Long long ago…. I saw this cheesecake on My Kitchen. That’s where the inspiration came from.
My kids dubbed this as their all time fav cheesecake. I told them, it’s very expensive to make, LOL.
I made this two years ago, sorry yeah.. was too busy with MFF and AFF that all that I’m sharing now are all old recipes. I’m digging them out each week.
I used the cotton cheesecake recipe from Alex Goh and turned it into a lemon one, then I did a light no bake cheese cake on the outer layer, of which acted like frosting, a luxurious one 🙂
This cake tastes light but not light in calories. I always tell myself, make the calories worth.
Blueberry Double Cheesecake
Lemon Cotton Cheesecake
Reference: Alex Goh’s Fantastic Cheesecake
200gm cream cheese
66g egg yolks
1 tsp lemon zest
105g (+-5) egg whites
1 tsp lemon juice
1. In a heavy saucepan, cook cream cheese, milk and butter until the mixture is and smooth, no need to boil, as long as it’s smooth. Set aside.
2. Preheat oven at 160(fan)/180C. Boil some water.
3. After the cheese mixture has turned warm and mix in flour, cornstarch and lemon zest. Stir with a whisk until smooth.
4. Put egg yolks into the cheese mixture and stir until well combined.
5. In another clean bowl, beat egg whites (+ salt if preferred) until frothy. Put in lemon juice and beat until soft peaks, add in sugar gradually and beat until stiff (soft droopy peak that will hold its form).
6. Fold 1/4 of egg whites into cheese mixture, and then another 1/4 of the egg whites.
7. Pour the cheese mixture into the remaining egg whites and fold.
8. Pour batter into a generously greased 8 inch pan with removable base (line base).
9. Place cake pan into a slightly bigger, shallower pan. Fill the bigger pan with boiling water and put in oven to bake at 150C for 45 minutes.
10. Remove from oven and waterbath immediately when cake is done baking.
11. Let the cake cool down in the pan, it should detach from the sides on its own, if not, you can use a plastic knife to release.
12. Let the cake cool down totally and chill for 1 hour at least.
13. Wash the outer cake pan clean, and wipe it dry. Lightly grease the sides with butter.When it’s time to do the final assembly, place the chilled cheesecake back in.
Refer this post if you want to see pictures of how it’s done.
Blueberry Mascarpone Layer
1 tsp lemon juice
100gm whipping cream
1/2 tbsp gelatin + 2 tbsp water
1. Cook blueberries with sugar until they bleed. Add in lemon juice. Puree it.
2. Prepare gelatin. Sprinkle gelatin over water and let it sit for 2 minutes. Melt it either with hto water bath or zap in microwave for 15 secs. Let it cool down.
3. Beat whipping cream until soft peaks, keep in fridge. Then beat mascarpone cheese with blueberry puree until smooth. Taste it, it should be slightly oversweetened (it’ll be alright once you add in the cream). Adjust taste with sugar and lemon juice if necessary.
4. Beat in melted gelatin until smooth, then add in whipped cream, mix on low speed.
5. Pour the blueberry cheesecake over and level the surface.
6. Chill for at least 3 hours before slicing.