It’s easy to cook, goes well with rice.
I think I’ve cooked this 3 times, I think.. or at least twice 🙂
I slurp the gravy like soup
Thanks Peng for this recipe…
Daikon Beancurd Stew
Recipe from : Peng’s Kitchen
300gm Daikon (white radish), cut into slanting chunks
150gm carrots, cut into slanting chunks
5 pcs Chinese black mushrooms, thickly sliced
150gm Tofu puffs, halved
1 pcs of tangerine peel (2gm)
2 stalk of spring onion, sectioned, white and green separated
1 inch ginger, sliced
2 cloves garlic , smashed
2 cubes white fermented beancurd (fuyue 腐乳)
1 Tbsp light soy sauce
½ tsp sugar
½ tsp salt
1 tsp cornstarch + 2 Tbsp water
1 tsp sesame oil
1. Heat wok on medium heat and put in oil. Fry garlic and ginger until fragrant
2. Put in fermented beancurd and fry until fragrant and garlic is slightly golden.
3. Put in daikon and carrots and cook for about 30 seconds.
4. Pour in water (enough to cover) and put in mushrooms and tofu puffs, tangerine peel, white parts of spring onions, salt, soy sauce and sugar. Bring to a boil and lower to a simmer for 30 minutes until carrots are tender.
5. Reduce gravy and thicken with cornstarch mixture.
6. Stir in sesame oil and green parts of spring onion. Dish up.