It’s an easy to prepare dish.
My 3 year old rosemary plant died after I got back to work, LOL. I barely had time to do gardening. And this dish was made before I said goodbye to it.
I tried out this dish because I wanted to use up my Dijon mustard. But it turned out so good, that I went to get another jar, just in case I wanted to make it again. FYI, Dijon mustard is not common near where I stay. I got it from Jaya Grocer few hundred kilometers away. I’m glad Jaya came to Ipoh this year. But I’ve only been there once as I don’t like going to Ipoh Parade.
This chicken tasted oh so heavenly, and yet so easy to make. Just marinate and bake. The gravy tasted fabulous and I prepared Mashed Potatoes with Egg to go with it. I think some noodles or pasta will be great too.
Honey Mustard Baked Chicken
Reference: Simply Recipes
4 large chicken thighs (900gm, excess fat trimmed away)
2 heaped Tbsp Dijon Mustard
2 heaped Tbsp of honey
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cracked black pepper, or more
Few small sprigs of rosemary
1. Mix marinade together. Taste. It should be well balanced. Adjust the taste if needed. It should be well balanced.
2. Rub chicken thighs with marinade and let it sit for 30 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 170(fan) /190c
4. Arrange chicken pieces without overlapping in a ovenproof baking dish.
5. Pour remaining marinade over.
6. Insert sprigs of rosemary between the thighs.
7. Bake for 30 minutes or until skin turns golden to your liking.