After making a few tedious dishes… maybe a 5 minute dish will be a good choice.
It’s quite a no brainer.. with just prawns, some salt and teriyaki sauce…. oh yeah, oil as well.
I served them on lettuce cups to cut off the sweetness and add a fresh component to this dish.
I might have made these prawns a bit too dry on the surface due to the almost burnt sauce, hahahaha.
But somehow I like the caramelly taste of such sugary sauces.
300gm large prawns (before peeling)
1/4 tsp salt
2-3 Tbsp Teriyaki sauce
Romaine lettuce to serve.
1. Wash prawns and peel them clean. Marinate with salt.
2. Heat a pan and put in oil.
3. Put in prawns and cook them on high heat until it curls up and both sides are pink and golden.
4. Dish up the prawns and turn the heat to medium low. Put in the sauce and when the sauce boils, return the prawns back to the pan and coat with the sauce.
5. Dish up and let it cool down a bit, then place one prawn onto each lettuce cup.